Ideas to Help You Safely Pack For Moving
- Try to avoid mixing items from room to room. It will make your unpacking a lot easier
- Tape boxes well to avoid any broken boxes
- Bundle any breakable items using either bubble wrap or packing paper.
- Avoid using large boxes for heavy items. It will make it easier on yourself to put the heavier items in smaller boxes so you can still lift them
- Fill any empty spots in the boxes with either packing peanuts or packing paper. By doing this you can prevent any shifting or rubbing of items that could cause damage.
- Before you start packing, sort through things and decide if they could be donated or not. This will help you to avoid packing items you don’t really need.
- Buy your moving supplies before you start packing. At GPL Self Storage you can buy more than you may need and return any unused items.
- Place heavier items on the bottom of the box to avoid damaging the smaller items.
- Clearly label each box with what room it belongs to and the contents in it. If you are using a moving company you may also want to write your name on the box and number each box.